18. God Died for Me
1. WHERE DID SCRIPTURE SAY MESSIAH WOULD BE BORN?
1GD Micah 5:2 The One born in Bethlehem, our Savior, had His origins "from everlasting"—He always existed.
2. WHAT RELATIONSHIP DID MESSIAH HAVE TO THE CREATION OF THE WORLD?
2GD Heb. 1:1-3 Jesus, God's Son, actually made the entire universe.
3. WHEN DID MESSIAH VOLUNTEER TO DIE FOR US?
3GD 1 Pet. 1:18-20 We
are redeemed by the blood of Christ (Greek for Messiahthe
divinely anointed One), Who volunteered to die for us
BEFORE HE CREATED THE WORLD.
4. WHEN DID GOD PUT HIS PLAN FOR OUR SALVATION INTO EFFECT?
4GD Rev. 13:8 God was so certain of His plan to die for us that He put His plan for our salvation into effect (He began the use of the book of life) BEFORE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD.
5. WHEN DID GOD EXTEND TO US HIS GRACE—THE GRACE THAT SAVES US?
5GD 2 Tim. 1:9 God's grace, which saves us,* was extended to us BEFORE HE CREATED THE WORLD.
6. WHEN DID GOD CHOOSE US PERSONALLY TO BE SAVED?
6GD Eph. 1:4 God chose
us to be saved (personally) BEFORE THE
7. WHAT HAPPENED TO GOD WHEN JESUS DIED FOR US ON THE CROSS?
7GD Phil. 2:5-8 Jesus
was God; He became a man and died for our sins on the cross. Therefore
GOD DIED FOR US!
8GD 1 Pet. 2:24 Jesus,
our God and Savior, BORE OUR SINS ON THE
9. WHAT HAS JESUS REVEALED TO US ABOUT GOD?
9GD John 1:18 God's "only
begotten son" (Greek--"only begotten GOD) HAS REVEALED GOD'S LOVE
10. HOW LONG WILL GOD'S LOVE BE DISPLAYED THROUGH JESUS?
10GD John 3:16, 17 God's love is displayed in His Gift: not only did He give His life for us, but He became ONE with us—HE WILL FOREVER RETAIN HIS HUMAN NATURE. (The effects of the gift are eternal, so the gift must also be eternal.)
• Titus 1:2 a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of
eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised
before the beginning of time.
• Eph 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of
the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
• Rev 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the
beastall whose names have not been written in the
book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain
from the creation of the world.
• Micah 5:2 (KJV) But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though
thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of
thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in
Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from
• 1 Cor 2:7 No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a
wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for
our glory before time began.
• 2 Th 2:13 But we ought always to thank God for you,
brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning
God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying
work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.
• 1 John 2:13 I write to you, fathers, because you have
known him who is from the beginning. I write to you,
young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I
write to you, dear children, because you have known
the Father. 14 I write to you, fathers, because you have
known him who is from the beginning.
• John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word
was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with
God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were
made; without him nothing was made that has been
• 1 Pet 1:20 He [Jesus] was chosen before the creation of
the world, but was revealed in these last times for your
• John 17:24 "Father, I want those you have given me to
be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory
you have given me because you loved me before the
creation of the world.
• Heb 9:25 Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again
and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy
Place every year with blood that is not his own.
Heb 9:26 Then Christ would have had to suffer many
times since the creation of the world. But now he has
appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away
with sin by the sacrifice of himself.