A1. God's Purpose
for this World
Read: Gen. 1:1-2:3
1. WHEN GOD CREATED THIS WORLD, HOW LONG DID HE WANT IT TO LAST?
1GP Eccl.1:4 God didn't skimp on the materials from which He created this world. It wasn't made with a built-in obsolesce, as are so many things that man makes. God built this world to last forever.
2. WHY DID GOD CREATE PLANET EARTH?
2GP Isa. 45:18 God enjoys fellowship. He has the other members of the Trinity, of courseFather, Son, and Holy Spirit. He has myriads of angels, and the billions upon billions of people who live on other worlds. But God wanted more people to fellowship with. And so, He made the world, and he made it to be inhabited.
3. WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DID HE WANT TO LIVE HERE?
3GP Gen. 1:26-28 He wanted righteous people to live here, people who reflected God's character as much as they resembled Him in likeness.
4. WHAT HAPPENED THAT SPOILED GOD'S PLAN FOR A PERFECT EARTH?
4GP Isa. 24:5, 6 The story is found in Gen. 3:1-7. God's perfect pair stole fruit from God's tree. They disobeyed God, and sinned that action. Sin is disobedience of God. Sin spoiled God's wonderful plan.
5. HAS GOD'S PLAN REALLY CHANGED?
5GP Prov. 10:30 No. God still wants the righteous to inhabit the earth. Jesus revealed in Matt 5.3-12 the type of people He wanted to have in His world. But we cannot reach this standard by ourselves. We must give our lives to Christ and let Him make us the kind of people He wants us to be. (Jude 24)
6. WHAT ARE GOD'S PLANS FOR THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE WICKED?
6GP Ps. 37:9-11 The wickedthose who disobey God and live in accordance with their own selfish whimswill perish. But the righteous will inherit the earth. (Compare John 3:16)
7. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE WICKED?
7GP 2 Pet. 3:10, 13 The world will burn up, and even the very elements of which it is made will vanish into smoke. The wicked and their works will be devoured (destroyed, annihilated) in this, God's fire, called by manyhell.
8. WHEN WILL GOD DESTROY THE WICKED AND MAKE THE EARTH OVER AGAIN?
8GP Rev. 20:9, 14; 21:1 God's fire will burn up the wicked at the end of the 1000 years (Millennium). Then God will re-make the world, and the "meek will inherit the earth." (cf. Matt. 5:5)
9. WILL SIN EVER MAR THE NEW EARTH THAT GOD WILL MAKE?
9GP Rev. 22:3 Sin has been a curse to this world and has brought untold misery to its inhabitants. The new earth, however, will never be marred by sin. (cf. Nahum 1:9)
10. WHAT COMMON EARTHLY PROBLEMS WILL BE ABSENT FROM THE NEW EARTH?
10GP Rev. 21:4 The old plagues that have ravaged mankindsickness, sorrow, pain, and deathwill be unknown in the new earth.
11. WILL THERE BE ANY HANDICAPS OR DEPRESSION IN THE NEW EARTH?
11GP Isa. 35:5, 6, 10 No. Only happiness will be known in the New Earth.
12. WHERE WILL WE LIVE, AND WHAT KIND OF FOOD WILL WE EAT? HOW LONG WILL WE LIVE?
12GP Isa. 65:17, 21-23 Jesus promised us that He will have a wonderful abode in which we can live (John 14:1-3), a new home that will never be taken away from us. In addition, we will be able to build our own home as well.
13. HOW OFTEN WILL WE ATTEND CHURCH?
13GP Isa. 66:22, 23 We will go to churchworship before the very throne of Godevery Sabbath.
14. WHAT WILL CHURCH SERVICES BE LIKE?
14GP Rev. 5:11-14 All people everywhere will praise God, and the Lamb.