A4. The Change of
1. WHAT IS THE ONLY WEEKLY HOLY DAY MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE?
1CS Ex. 20:8-11 The only weekly holy day ever mentioned in the Bible is the seventh-day Sabbath that Jesus Christ our Creator set apart in the beginning. Cf. Gen. 2:1-3; John 1:1-4, 10, 14
2. HOW LONG CAN WE EXPECT THE SABBATH COMMANDMENT TO BE IN EFFECT?
2CS Ps. 89:34 Since God audibly spoke to Israel the 10 commandments [cf. Ex. 20:1, 11], including the fourth, the Sabbath must stand fast forever as a memorial of Christ's creative power.
3. WHAT DAY DID THE APOSTLES AND THEIR GENTILE CONVERTS KEEP HOLY?
3CS Acts 13:14, 42, 44; 18:4 (Paul stayed in Corinth for 1 ˝ years.) These records of Sabbath-keeping by the apostles took place 23 years after the resurrection of Christ, and show clearly that even gentiles were taught (by example, at least) that the 7th day was the Sabbath. Cf. Isa. 56:6, 7 where the sons of the stranger--"foreigner" [NIV]are commanded to keep the Sabbath. By contrast, no record of Sunday keeping occurs before about 135 A.D. The first law regarding Sunday observance was written by Constantine in 321 A.D., and was ratified by the Roman church at the Council of Laodicea, about 364 A.D.
4. WHAT DID GOD PREDICT WOULD HAPPEN TO HIS SABBATH?
4CS Dan. 7:25 God predicted the rise of a power who would attempt to change God's law, and would control affairs on earth for "a time, times and half a time" [NIV]. This would be 3 1/2 years or 1260 day/years. Cf. Rev 12:14, 6. The Papacy caused people to observe Sunday instead of the Sabbath during its uncontested rule of western Europe from 538 to 1798 A.D. (1260 years).
5. WHEN WOULD DANIEL'S PROPHECY BEGIN TO BE UNDERSTOOD?
5CS Dan 12:4 The truth written in Daniel would be revealed when earth's time was nearing its close.
6. WILL THOSE WHO HAVE KEPT HOLY THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK BE CONDEMNED IF THEY DON'T KNOW IT ISN'T THE SABBATH?
6CS John 9:41 No one will be condemned for keeping the wrong day because of ignorance.
7. WHEN DOES KEEPING THE WRONG DAY BECOME A SIN?
7CS James 4:17 Only when a person knows that the Sabbath is on the seventh daySaturdayand then does not keep it, will he be guilty of sin.
8. HOW DOES GOD CLASSIFY A PERSON WHO REFUSES TO KEEP THE SABBATH OF THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT?
8CS 1 John 3:4 To fail to keep the seventh-day Sabbath of the fourth commandment is a sin.
9. WHY ALL THE FUSS OVER A DAY?
9CS Rom. 6:16 The issue is not over which day we keep, but to whom we give our allegiance. Will we worship God by keeping His Sabbath, or will we worship the Papacy [cf. Rev. 13:8] by keeping its day of worship. It may seem like such a little thing. But so was the fruit on the tree of the Garden of Eden. The point was this: Were they—and us—willing to obey God?
10. WHEN WE FIND OURSELVES HAVING TO CHOOSE BETWEEN OBEYING GOD OR OBEYING MAN, WHOM SHOULD WE OBEY?
10CS Acts 5:29 We should obey God rather than men.
11. HOW DOES OBEDIENCE AFFECT OUR SALVATION?
11CS Heb. 5:9 Jesus can save us only if we accept Him as our Savior by faith, and are willing to obey Him.